I suggest you…

"Contact Support" vs. "Give Feedback"

It seems like more of our customers are submitting tickets to our support queue, when they really are just trying to give Feedback.

Is there a way to make it a little clearer what they are actually doing? (I realize it's pretty clear now :), but they're hitting "Feedback" then just jumping right into their message rather than glancing at the top of the screen to see they are really submitting a support ticket.)

thank you!

257 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jane EvansJane Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let the admin decide if the "Give feedback" or the "contact support" is selected by default.  ·   · 
    DaxkoDaxko shared a merged idea: Better clarity on support vs. feedback  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow us to switch the order of Tabs in the Widget  ·   · 
    Paul GouldPaul Gould shared a merged idea: Choose whether "Contact Us" or "Share an Idea" is highlighted by default  ·   · 
    DanDan shared a merged idea: Full service widget doesn't do a good job of separating contact us and ideas  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Carter GibsonCarter Gibson responded  · 

You have all been waiting patiently and I’m happy to announce that changing the order of “Contact Support” and “Give Feedback” is now possible thanks to our new widget customization options. To do this just go to your Admin Console —> Settings —> Channels.

Read more about all the other awesome customization options you have here: http://www.uservoice.com/blog/entries/widget-customization-and-search/

Thanks for all the feedback on this! We value your input and are always working on implementing new ideas into our product.

Enjoy customizing!
    Carter

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you facebook for your quick response on the problem that i had report regarding the account using my name and pictures but posting an immoral words ......

• John MeulemansJohn Meulemans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

The Facebook app look really handy, but it's feedback/ideas only. We are more interested in Support... is there a way to enable this feature?

Oops, seems like it is a work in progress, should have first checked the other ideas.

• Rick DillRick Dill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not simply have separate buttons for each, one called "Feedback" and the other "Support"? My customers say combining them has made it too busy and complicated. So our volume of new ideas has dropped SIGNIFICANTLY since Support was added into Feedback window.

• Bret FisherBret Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue of people misusing feedback/support options. I have no data to back these assumptions up, but:
        1. Maybe they just see the form boxes and start typing... to make it clearer that their is a two-option choice, what if they *had* to choose, maybe the modal box was split vertically, where when they hovered it would pop (color change, etc.) to visually indicate they needed to choose, then once clicked it would drop to the current suggests/form design based on their choice.
        2. The negative of this could be a small % don't want to make a choice and bail, whereas the current design promotes the idea they can communicate w/o making *any* choices, which is one of the reasons I like UV over other support options that require login or nav to different site, etc.

• Brian WroblewskiBrian Wroblewski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure why this needs to be an either/or type of thing. I would rather go to a page and have a vertical bar separate the window, with the left say "New Ideas" and the right side say "Contact Support" - something like that. Or, have a "What would you like to do..." dialog where the user selects one of 3 things: 1) I'd like to suggest a new idea; 2) I'd like to contact support; 3) I 'd like to give feedback on my experience...etc.

• Jason FenterJason Fenter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I'd be happy just changing the text... "Ask for help" and "Make a suggestion". I don't currently see a way to set the texts through the admin pages.

• ABID KHANABID KHAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I myself in favor of the view that there should some option to change the text of "Contact support" and "Give Feedback". It'll be very nice if we get such option.

• Ted ChoperAdminTed Choper (VP, Customer Success, UserVoice) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Lori, received your ticket about this as well. For legal reasons, we can't have a feature that attributes something you write to another person. Tom's idea about using some Javascript to set the default mode looks to be a plausible workaround.

Additionally, the idea that you mentioned in your support ticket is a viable best practice (http://feedback.uservoice.com/forums/1-general-feedback/suggestions/3010883-it-would-be-great-if-i-could-create-ideas-on-behal). I will frequently enter an idea on a customer's behalf, then ask him to vote and/or comment on it. That way, they are subscribed to the idea. Also please note that you can create the idea from the Admin Console without having to attribute any votes to it.

• Lori ReedLori Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here. We are getting support questions that should go to feedback. We don't want to ask our customers to re-enter the info again.

Would love to have feedback we the default.

For now is there a best practice for entering this info? We don't want it to look like all the feedback is from us. But it would be nice to notify the customer we've added the feedback and then they can comment on it.

• Tom KellerTom Keller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Bistri, editing var uvOptions = {default_mode:'ideas'}; works for me, but agreed it should be an option in the admin.
        I'm OK with both options being there, and the order, as long as the default is changed.
        Also agreed we should be able to customize the support text like we can the feedback text.

Some others had suggested a bit of JavaScript to solve this, which does work.
        If you need to use the iframe embed method, here is some code that might help;

<script type="text/javascript">
        if(typeof (window.encodeBase64) == 'function') {
        custom_fields = encodeURIComponent(encodeBase64(JSON.stringify({ 'default_mode': 'ideas' })));
        document.write('<p><iframe height="600" src="https://widget.uservoice.com/clients/widgets/0BFwURKy5bE2hX34TC7Xkw.html?custom_fields='; + custom_fields + '" width="700"></iframe></p>');
        }
        else if(typeof (window.btoa) == 'function'){
        custom_fields = encodeURIComponent(btoa(JSON.stringify({ 'default_mode': 'ideas' })));
        document.write('<p><iframe height="600" src="https://widget.uservoice.com/clients/widgets/0BFwURKy7bE2hX34TC7Xkw.html?custom_fields='; + custom_fields + '" width="700"></iframe></p>');
        }
        else{
        document.write('<p><iframe height="600" src="https://widget.uservoice.com/clients/widgets/0BFwURKy7bE2hX34TC7Xkw.html"; width="700"></iframe></p>');
        }
        </script>

We do not need the ticket system at all. We just want people to submit ideas (feedback) into a forum, and comment on them. The widget seems to include the Contact Support tab whether or not we choose "Ideas and Tickets" or "Ideas Only". It seems to make no difference. I assumed that if we chose Ideas Only, the tickets (Contact Support) would disappear.

Is there currently any way to make Give Feedback the default option, or even just hide the Contact Support option?

• Jo-Pierre LermJo-Pierre Lerm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This comment I'd like to see become the way to do it: "Would be great if this could be an option to UserVoice.showPopupWidget(), so that we could use the same widget for both purposes through different links on our pages."

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Need a simple way to switch the order of "Contact support" & "Give Feedback", and have the "Give Feedback" be as a default/first tab.

This one be one of deciding factors for me if I were to stay after the trial period.

• Golf Pipeline SupportGolf Pipeline Support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. This should be an easy setting on the widget page where you get to pick the name of the widget, color, etc. Simple radio button on which should appear first!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base