Pervasive Software has released the UserVoice/Salesforce integration that syncs UserVoice tickets and suggestions with Salesforce Cases and Contact Activity.
To set this up, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Pervasive Galaxy Marketplace to purchase the integration software
- Make sure to enter your UserVoice and Salesforce username and password when prompted
Related Documentation and Media
Below is a short instructional video covering first-time setup:
In addition, please see here for full documentation, including instructional videos.
About the integration:
UserVoice <> Salesforce integration is bi-directional (data is synced both ways). Here's what's being synced:
UserVoice to Salesforce
UserVoice Helpdesk activities
- UserVoice tickets become Salesforce cases
- Ticket message, from customer or admin becomes a Salesforce case comment
- Private ticket note from an admin becomes a Salesforce case comment
- Idea becomes an event in the Salesforce contact activity stream
- Idea comment becomes an event in the Salesforce contact activity stream
- Idea note is not synced (notes are created by UserVoice admins)
- Idea votes are not synced
- Case becomes a UserVoice ticket
- Original case comment becomes a UserVoice ticket note with an alert specifying that any additional case comments will not be synced
- None synced with UserVoice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When creating a case in Salesforce, which user profile is the case created for?
- User profiles are matched by an email address. If a matching email address is found in Salesforce, the case will be created under that profile. If no matching profile is found, a new one will be created, and it will not be associated with an Account in Salesforce.
- What happens when I close/delete/spam a ticket in UserVoice?
- Case status is also updated in Salesforce. If a ticket is marked as spam, the newly created profile in Salesforce will also be deleted, so not to clutter your Salesforce system with spam contacts.
- How can I run reports in Salesforce for UserVoice cases only?
- UserVoice cases all have case origin labeled as "UserVoice"
- Can I map custom fields in UserVoice and Salesforce?
- Yes. Please note that this is not something you can configure on your own. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can the integration sync all my historical data, or is it from today gong forward?
- You can choose to do either/or. This is configurable in your Pervasive account. Please contact email@example.com if you're having trouble changing the settings.
- How often is my data synced?
- Every hour.