While it would be nice if all support requests came into your UserVoice account, sometimes it's just not possible. A customer calls, you end up chatting with someone face to face, or they send their request to the wrong email address.
For those times, you can create a ticket manually for the customer. This ensures they show up as the creator, and the ticket can be handled in UserVoice.
How do I Create a Manual Ticket?
1. Log into the Admin Console.
2. Click "Tickets" in the left hand menu.
3. Click "My Tickets" (although, you can be in any queue within the ticket menu to do this).
4. Click the "+" symbol next to the search bar.
5. You'll need to fill out several fields to create the ticket.
- Assign To: By default it will be "Unassigned," but you can choose to assign it to another Admin when it's created.
- Contact: You must enter the user's email address before the ticket can be created.
- Custom Fields: You'll have the option to fill out any custom fields. In this example, "Product Area."
- Subject: You must enter a subject line. This cannot be changed once the ticket is created.
- Note: You do have to add a note to the Ticket for reference.
- Attach a file: You have the option to add an attachment.
6. Click "Create ticket," and you're done!