Your UserVoice site is about interacting with users. But sometimes you have users who are spamming the site or being unkind to other participants.
You can block them from creating ideas and commenting on your forums.
How to block a user
- Log into the Admin Console (xyz.uservoice.com/admin)
- Click the user icon on the left
- You can search for the user, or if they are already listed, click the "Block User" button
What happens to a blocked users content?
- Their support is removed from existing ideas.
- Their comments and ideas will be marked as spam.
What does a blocked user see?
When a blocked user tries to sign in on your site (either to comment or create an idea), they will see a message "You have been blocked."
How does blocking a user work with Single Sign On?
If you're passing a token for that SSO user, they will be logged in. However, they won't be able to comment or create an idea. If you don't want the user logged in at all, you will need to stop passing a token for that user.
If your forums are private, you can also pass forum_deny in their token. You can find more details in our SSO documentation.
Q: Can I block an IP address?
A: We don't yet have this feature on our Product Management platform, but if you are seeing significant amounts of spam from a specific IP, contact us.