But if your support team is in Zendesk, we have a Zendesk app, they can use to capture requests (feedback) on behalf of users. We'll walk you through how to set it up.
[Note: You can view the app in Zendesk's marketplace here.]
- You will need to purchase a license for each agent who will be using the app. On our current plans and product, we recommend Contributor Licenses.
- If you are on a legacy plan that doesn't include this option, as long as they are admins (agents) or owners in UserVoice, they can use the app.
2. Installing the App
- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Marketplace -> Search for and click the "UserVoice" app
- Enter your subdomain key The subdomain is the part that comes before “.uservoice.com” when you access your UserVoice admin console. For example http://**subdomain**.uservoice.com/admin. Make sure you only enter the subdomain (if you enter the full URL, it will give an error when trying to use the app).
- Set a display name that makes sense for your Support Team
- Choose if you want to restrict access to the app by user role
3. How Agents Capture Requests from Users
- Click the Apps button
- Sign in with your UserVoice credentials (you will need to be a licensed user on the account).
- Click "Capture Customer Request."
- Copy and paste the users words into the "Request" section, which will only be visible to other admins in UserVoice.
- Search for an existing idea or create a new one to link the user's request to.
- Save and and you're done.
- The UserVoice app is only available on the Tickets page in Zendesk.
- If you are creating a ticket for a user, you will need to create the ticket before capturing their request in the app.
- Unlike our default Contributor Sidebar, the Zendesk app doesn't currently let you highlight text, and have it auto-fill the request field in the app. So you will need to copy and paste it in.
- If you want to subscribe the user, check the "Subscribe customer to idea updates" box. It is not checked by default.
- The app will always use the ticket contacts email address, and it's not possible to edit it at this time.
You Might Find Helpful:
- Managing Requests captured via the Zendesk App or Contributor Sidebar
- Have Contributors Create Ideas on an Internal Forum
- Updating Ideas and how End Users are Notified