Creating your Roadmap Statuses
Before you can give any features a status, you must create the Status in your settings.
- Click the "Roadmap" icon (board icon) in left-hand menu
- Click the "settings" icon (gear) in the top-right
- Click "Edit" next to "Feature Statuses"
- Click "Add another item"
- Name your Status
- Choose a color (optional)
- Click "Submit" to save your new Feature Status
- Default Status: Set a default status which will be applied to new features.
- Order Statuses: Order your Statuses by dragging the arrow icon. The order you choose will be used to sort the features in the Roadmap grid. A typical order would follow the development process in descending chronological order (researching -> designing -> developing -> beta -> live).
Applying a Roadmap Status to a Feature
Now that you have your Statuses created, you're ready to add them to your features. Once a feature has an assigned status, it will display on your Roadmap. You can apply a Status to a feature directly from the Roadmap grid.
- Navigate to the Roadmap Grid (click the board icon in the left-hand menu)
- By default, you'll be on the "board" view of your Roadmap. Click the "List" icon to get to the grid.
- Click on the status value to the right of the feature you want to update.
- Select the Status you want to apply.
Q. Are feature statuses visible to Internal Teams?
A. Yes. Internal Teams you share the Roadmap with, will be able to see the status of the features. They will not be able to see any features with no status.
Q. Do Statuses affect the suggestions tied to the feature?
A. No. Statuses are independent of suggestion statuses. Suggestion statuses are publicly visible but Roadmap Statuses are not.
Q: I don't see the Roadmap icon on my account?
A: Please verify with the Owner of your Account (the person on your team that has billing and settings access) that you have the necessary permissions for Roadmap.