Create a Segment
Navigate to Segment Configuration
- Click the Features icon (lightning bolt) in the left-hand menu
- On the Features grid, click the "gear" icon on the right
- Click the "Segments" tab
- Click "Create Segment"
- Name: This is the title of the Segment and will be shown on the column header in the Features Grid.
- Properties: The filters for your Segments.
- Key: Only used for the API and export. We recommend leaving the default key in place.
Options for your Segment Properties (aka filters)
String and Text Fields: Filter based on an exact text match, and the auto-complete feature helps you find the correct values. If you want to filter by email, you need to enter the full email like firstname.lastname@example.org. Examples: Email field, Account Segment, User or Account name etc…
Number Fields: Filter based on if the value is equal to, does not equal, is greater than, is greater than or equal to, is less than, or is less than or equal to a specified number. Examples: MRR, LTV or Potential MRR.
- Boolean Fields: Filter based on if the value is True or False. Examples: Churned or Renewed.
View and Sort by Segments
You can choose to sort by a specific Segment to see which Features are most wanted by those users.
Build Scores with Segments
Use Charts with Segments
Common Questions and Errors
Q: Can I build a Segment based on a date custom field?
A: The Feature’s linked Suggestions have no users that match the properties set for the segment. We recommend checking your Segment filters to verify the correct filters and values and AND/OR conditions are in place.
Q: Can Segments do wildcard matches or "contains" on text strings?
A: Not at this time. If you would like to see us add this feature, please share it as an idea on our forums.
Q: Why don't I see the Features icon on my account?
A: If you're on the latest version of UserVoice, please verify with the Owner of your Account (the person on your team that has billing and settings access) that you have the necessary permissions for Features. If you are the Owner of the account, it's possible you're on an older plan. Please email email@example.com to get a quote for upgrading to the latest version of UserVoice.