*Please note: The instructions in this article are for Jira Server (self-hosted) only. If you need to set up the integration for Jira Cloud, see this article.
These steps will require a Jira administrator and a UserVoice administrator to work together to complete the configuration process. The setup process must be completed in the order shown here.
- Sign into the UserVoice admin console (yoursubdomain.uservoice.com/admin)
- Click the icon in the bottom left-hand corner to access your Settings
- Select "Integrations"
- Click "Jira" at the bottom of the page
- Click "Link Account"
- Enter the URL of the Jira instance that you would like to configure (https://acme.atlassian.net). If you don't know the URL of your Jira instance, contact your Jira Administrator.
- Select "Jira Server"
- Click "Submit"
- Under "Authorized Jira Instance" you will see the Jira instance URL you entered in Step 6 with a "Not Connected" status. Below this, you will see a link to instructions that a Jira admin can use to complete the necessary configuration within Jira.
- Once a Jira Administrator completes the installation instructions, the "Not Connected" status will change to "Connected." This will indicate that the integration is successfully installed and ready to be used.
After completing the above steps for "UserVoice Configuration", you will be provided a link to Jira installation instructions that are customized for your subdomain. The link will be displayed in your UserVoice admin console in Settings -> Integrations -> Jira.
A. No. The status of linked Jira issues is visible in UserVoice, and the status of linked UserVoice features/suggestions is visible in Jira, but they do not automatically update the status of the other. This means that when a developer moves an issue in Jira to DONE, it does not automatically notify all the related supporters and contributors in UserVoice. This is because an issue being “DONE” in Jira doesn’t necessarily mean it’s ready for customers.
A. Make sure you followed Step 6 and 7 from the Jira Server Installation Instructions which are provided after completing the UserVoice configuration. Completing these steps will add the "UserVoice links" custom field to your Jira Projects.
A. No. Information about linked Jira issues, including status, is only visible to UserVoice admins in the admin console.
Q. Can Jira issues be created automatically from UserVoice Suggestions or Features?
A. Due to the potential for required fields in Jira, we do not have a way to do this automatically. However, when manually creating a Jira issue from within UserVoice, the issue’s summary and description will be pre-populated and a link back to UserVoice will be added by default.