How Users Can Delete their own Profile
- Have the user go to your UserVoice site (i.e. xxxx.uservoice.com)
- Click “Sign in” in the top right corner
- Once logged in, have them click “Settings” under their username
- Scroll down and they will see the option to “Delete my Profile”
- They will need to confirm, and then the profile will be deleted
How to Delete a User on their Behalf
- From the Admin Console: Click the "Users" icon in the left hand menu -> locate the user you want to delete and click to pull up their profile -> You will see the option to "Delete" in the top right corner.
- With the API: Use the following API endpoint to delete a user’s profile from your UserVoice site:
DELETE /api/v2/admin/users/id. Learn more about this API endpoint here.
What Happens when a User is Deleted?
- All the user’s personal data connected to their profile is deleted
- Any ideas, tickets, requests, support or comments they created will be attributed to an [deleted user].
- Personal information they entered in tickets, ideas or comments, will be scrubbed
A: Not at this time, but if you would like to see us add this functionality, please vote for our idea here.
A: Users will still be able to sign in and delete their profile, and you will still be able to use the API endpoint for this action as well.