How Users Can Delete their own Profile
- Have the user go to your UserVoice site (i.e. xxxx.uservoice.com)
- Click “Sign in” in the top right corner
- Once logged in, have them click “Settings” under their username
- Scroll down and they will see the option to “Delete my Profile”
- They will need to confirm, and then the profile will be deleted
How to Delete a User on their Behalf
- From the Admin Console: Click the "Users" icon in the left hand menu -> locate the user you want to delete and click to pull up their profile -> You will see the option to "Delete" in the top right corner.
- With the API: Use the following API endpoint to delete a user’s profile from your UserVoice site:
DELETE /api/v2/admin/users/id. Learn more about this API endpoint here.
What Happens when a User is Deleted?
- All the user’s personal data connected to their profile is deleted, including email address, username, IP etc...
- Any ideas with activity, tickets, or feedback they created will be attributed to a [deleted user].
- If the user has posted an idea and it has no activity or commented on an idea, the idea or comment will be permanently deleted.
- Personal information they entered in tickets, ideas or comments, will be scrubbed.
- Reply threads from email replies (via the "Email a User," "Email All Users," and "Email Potential Users," features will be anonymized and personal information will be removed.
- Any attachments added to ideas, tickets or comments will not be deleted.
A: Yes. See above, 'How to Delete a User on their Behalf'.
A: Users will still be able to sign in and delete their profile, and you will still be able to use the API endpoint for this action as well.