As You Get Started
- These steps will require a Salesforce administrator and a UserVoice administrator to work together to complete the configuration process.
- You will need to be on Salesforce Professional or Ultimate edition to use the integration.
- My Domain in Salesforce is required, and must be activated.
- The integration requires an available Dynamic Dashboard.
Setup the Integration
Get the Access token from UserVoice
- As a UserVoice admin, sign in to your UserVoice Admin Console (https://yourcompany.uservoice.com/admin)
- Click the icon in the bottom-left to open the Settings menu and select "Integrations
- Select "Salesforce Integration"
- Click “Link account…”
- Enter the ID of the Salesforce organization you want to connect to and click "Generate". (ask your Salesforce admin if you do not know your Org ID)
- Copy the token that is generated and provide that and your UserVoice Domain to your Salesforce admin.
- Once your Salesforce admin has completed the final setup in SFDC, a “Connected” message will display next to your Org ID.
Install UserVoice Connector Package in Salesforce
- Log in to your Salesforce organization as an administrator.
- Navigate to the package installation URL:
- Select “Install for All Users” and click “Install.”
Enter the UserVoice Access Token and Domain in Salesforce
- In Salesforce, go to the "UserVoice Setup" tab. Click the App Launcher and choose "UserVoice Setup."
- On the UserVoice configuration page, enter the Authorization token and the UserVoice subdomain (xxxxx.uservoice.com. If you are using a custom domain, then that URL instead.
- Click "Save & Authenticate" to authorize UserVoice to view and manage data. At this point, the UserVoice domain and Salesforce instance should be properly connected. Please have your UserVoice Admin verify that a “Connected” message is displayed next to the Org ID on the Salesforce Integration Settings page in UserVoice.
Enable the Integration on Opportunities in Salesforce
- Go to any Opportunity in Salesforce
- Click the gear icon in the top-right
- Select "Edit the page"
- Find "UserVoice_Feedback" in the left-hand container under the "Custom - Managed" section, and drag it where you want in the page’s layout. (This component works best in a thinner section of the page.)
- Save and activate your new layout.
Enabling the Opportunities and Feedback Dashboard
With this UserVoice package installed, you have access to a dashboard of prebuilt reports. To enable this dashboard:
- Go to your Dashboards tab
- Go to “All Folders”
- Click on the "UserVoice Feedback" folder created by the UserVoice Team
- Click on the "Opportunities and Feedback" Dashboard