Get Started with the Integration
- Your subdomain (use your native UserVoice subdomain (i.e. xxxx.uservoice.com) even if you use a domain alias on the account).
- An Access Token for your UserVoice API key that will integrate with Pendo. To create your Access Token, in UserVoice go to Settings (lower left corner icon) → Integrations → UserVoice API Keys and click the "Create" link to the right of the API Key you intend to use for your Pendo integration.
- The Forum ID where suggestions will be posted
- Make sure the "Email Metadata Field" matches the name of the Visitor Metadata field (in Pendo) that is mapped to pass the Visitor’s email address
- Set the Title and Description of the embedded Post Idea Widget
Enable & Configure the Integration
1) Embed the UserVoice Post Idea Widget into Pendo's Resource Center
- In the sidebar menu of Pendo.io, click "Guides"
- In the pop-up menu, select "Resource Center"
- Hover over "Resource Center"
- Click "Add Module"
- Select UserVoice
2) Set the Title and Subtitle for the Resource Center Menu
This will show on the front-page of your Pendo Resource Center Widget
- Click the “Manage in my App” link in the top right of the Resource Center draft screen
- Enter the appropriate URL and click “Launch Designer”
- Scroll to the bottom to see configuration options for the UserVoice integration
- You will see two fields, "UserVoice" and "UserVoice Subtitle." Enter the Title and subtitle you want to use.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click "Save"
- You may then click the "Exit" button to close the Designer
3) Push your Draft to Staging
- If you are happy with the output on your Draft, click the black "Push to Staging" button in the top-right corner of the screen - even if you don't have a staging environment set up, you'll still need to push your Draft to Staging
- This will take you from the Draft editor to the Staging view
4) Push to Production
- If you are happy with the Staging output, click "Push to Production" and confirm on the following pop-up
- Your integration is now live!