If you haven't already, please read our main article on setting up the Salesforce integration first.
Get Your Consumer Key and Secret
You will need to be logged in as a System Administrator in Salesforce to access these settings.
1. Click on your username in the top right corner, and choose "Setup" from the menu.
2. In the left hand navigation, you'll see App Setup
- Click "Create"
- Click "Apps"
- Scroll down to the bottom, and you'll see "Connected Apps"
- Click "New."
3. Fill out the the required fields
- Connected App Name is "Uservoice Service Hook"
- API Name= UserVoice_Service_Hook (filled automatically)
- Enter the contact email
4. Click the checkbox to enable OAuth settings.
- The callback URL is not used in the integration. Enter https://your-subdomain-name.uservoice.com (enter your actual UserVoice subdomain in place of your-subdomain-name).
- Select "Full Access" and click "Add"
- Then click "Save"
5. On the next page, under OAuth Settings, you'll see Consumer Key and the option to reveal and get your Consumer Secret.
You can use the same Consumer Key and Secret for the Service Hook and Gadget.
Get your Security Token
You are given a security token the first time you log into Salesforce. Don't know your security token?
To reset it:
- Click on your username in the top right corner
- Choose "Setup" from the menu
- Click "My Personal Information"
- Click "Reset your security token" and follow the steps provide
Set your Salesforce Password to Never Expire
In order for the integration to work your Salesforce password must be set to not expire. Our main article on the Salesforce integration walks you through setting this up. You can learn more here (if you haven't already checked it out :)
Have questions or need help getting the integration set up, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.