- Set up the Widget
- Advanced Widget Implementation
- Use your own contact form to create tickets in UserVoice
Set up the Widget
They can click to view the articles. If the user views an article and doesn't submit a ticket, it's considered an Instant Answer. But they do have the option to skip the articles and send their message anyway.
To set up the widget Click the icon in the bottom left corner [If you’re on an old version of UV, your settings will be accessed from the admin header.]
Then click "Widgets".You'll see your basic widget settings.
1. Customize your widget design
Starting Experience: This is set to the contact form by default. You can also change it to NPS (to learn more about the NPS widget, check out this article).
Trigger Position: Set where you want the widget icon (trigger that opens the widget) located on the page. You have four options—bottom right, top right, bottom left, top left.
Accent and Trigger Colors: This lets you set the color of the trigger and accents. You can use the color options we have listed or any valid CSS color value.
2. Copy the widget embed code
Copy the code in Step 2...
...and add it to your website. For more details on how to add the widget code to your site, check out this article.
Turn off NPS
By default Satisfaction is included as part of the widget code, but you can turn it off. Simply add
satisfaction_enabled: 'false'to the widget code.
Screenshots and Attachments
When a user writes up their message, if they click the attachment icon, they will have two choices. They can attach a file, or take a screenshot of the page. A couple of things to keep in mind with this feature...
- Attachments can be up to 50MB, and this feature can't be disabled.
- The screenshot tool renders the page's markup and generates a screenshot. Flash, images, SVG charts/images, and videos won't show in the screenshot. It supports IE10+, Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
- You can disable screenshots with
- Can I limit the Instant Answers feature to only show specific articles? No, it will pull from all published articles on your Knowledge Base. There is not a way to limit it by topic.
- Can I turn off the Instant Answers feature? No, not at this time. If you would like to see us add this feature, support this idea
Advanced widget implementation
- Embed the widget inline
- Use link or custom trigger to open the widget
- Using multiple widgets on the same page
- Change language of the widget UI based on the user
- Developer documentation for advanced widget customization
Use your own contact form to create tickets in userVoice
Maybe you have your own contact form, and you want it to create tickets in UserVoice. You can do this with our API. This article walks through how to set this up.
Please note: Using our API is a self-service feature. We are not able to troubleshoot code implementations. You can find our developer resources here.