- Demo the Mobile SDKs
- Set up the Mobile SDKs
- Customize the Mobile SDKs
- Language options for the Mobile SDKs
- Reporting Mobile SDK bugs
Demo the Mobile SDKs
Wondering how our SDKs work, and what the experience looks like for end users? Check out our demo apps.
Set up the Mobile SDKs
Our developer documentation on Github walks through how to implement our mobile SDKs and your different options.
Customize the Mobile SDKs(back to top)
On iOS, we have a simple theming system where you can set colors on the global stylesheet object. Here's the details from our Github page.
You can customize the appearance of the UserVoice user interface by setting certain key colors.
[UVStyleSheet instance].tintColor = [UIColor redColor];
[UVStyleSheet instance].tableViewBackgroundColor = [UIColor whiteColor];
UVStyleSheet.hfor a complete list of the visual properties you can modify.
- But I want to customize more of the iOS SDK? If there are more customization options you would like to see, please, share it on our mobile SDK forum.
- Can I customize text? The text is standard. However, the code is open source and all the strings used in the iOS sdk are stored in the Resources folder, making it fairly easy to customize.
- Are there any other customization options? The code is open source so you can download it and make more in-depth changes, but this is not something we have a guide for at this time.
Android has a comprehensive theming system built into the operating system. Our SDK attempts to work well with this, so it should automatically inherit the styles of the host application.
If you're having specific issues with the theming, please file a bug on Github with a screenshot.
There are some bits, such as article content, which cannot inherit the stylesheet, so we try to detect your app style and apply similar styles to the web view.
- Can I customize text? The text is standard. However, the code is open source and all the strings used in the Android sdk are stored in Android strings resources, making it fairly easy to customize.
- Can I do more advanced customization? It is possible for you to modify the Android source to make more in-depth changes than what can be accomplished via theming, but we don't have a guide for this.
Language Options for the mobile SDKs(back to top)
You're using the Android, iOS or both mobile SDKs, but want to know what your language options are.
The mobile SDKs will detect the user's language, and display the standard UI text in that language if we have a translation available. It will display articles and ideas in whatever language they were written.
To learn what translations are currently available or how to add your own, check out the Github page for each Mobile SDK
Reporting Bugs on the Mobile SDKs(back to top)
You're using one of the mobile SDKs and have encountered a bug. Not good!
First, make sure you are using the latest version of the iOS or Android SDK.
If you are, file the issue on the Github page for the mobile SDK you are using.