Create a New Article
To create a new article, click the Knowledge Base icon on the left-hand menu of your admin console. Next, click the "plus sign" or the "New Article" button on the right to add an article.
When creating articles, you can use our WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) editor to format your content.
- Bold: Highlight the text to apply bold formatting
- Italics: Highlight the text to apply italics
- Add a Link: Select the text where you want to add the link, and then click the button. In the pop-up window, enter the URL you want to link to. When a user clicks on the link, it will open in a new tab.
- Code: When you select a section of text and hit the code button, it will be highlighted in blue and use a courier font
- Bulleted List
- Numbered List
- Indent: Indent a paragraph (once or multiple times) to set it off from the rest of the text.
- Pre-formatted: Use this option if you want a section of text or code set off from the rest of the article.
- Header 1 - largest header text
- Header 2 - medium header text
- Header 3 - smallest header text
- Images/Videos: You can upload an image directly from your computer. You also have the option to embed a screenshot or video from a link. This article walks through your options.
- HTML: Edit the HTML of your article to do more advanced formatting
- Clear Formatting: This will clear all formatting in your article. This is helpful if you paste in content, and need it to be plain text.
If you apply a formatting option, like H1, but want to remove it later, you can. Simply select the text again, and click the H1 button, to remove the formatting.
- To single space between lines of text, press 'Shift-Enter' instead of 'Enter'.
- To "undo" hit Command-z (on Mac) or Control-z (PC).
- To paste text as plain text use Shift + Cmd + v (Mac) or Shift + Control + V (PC)
You Might Find Helpful:
- Import Articles
- Optimizing Articles for Instant Answers
- Sort Articles Within a Topic
- Track Article Views with Google Analytics