[Note: You will need to be on a plan that includes our Product Management Platform. If you are using just Support Tools, you will not have access to forums.]
Create or Edit a Forum
By default, you will have a General forum on your account. To add a forum, or edit an existing one, go to Settings (gear icon in the menu bar) -> General -> Click "Feedback Forums" -> Click "Forums."
To add a new forum, click "Add forum" or click "Edit" to make changes to an existing forum.
Your Setting Options
- Forum Name: This is the name of your forum
- Prompt and Field Placeholder: The prompt is the question you want users to answer when creating ideas, like "How can we make UserVoice better" and the placeholder text is where they will enter their idea.
- Categories: Categories allow users to segment ideas by product or app setting. You can also require this when a user creates an idea.
- Welcome Message: This will show at the top of the forum, and is a great place to explain the purpose of your forum, give any additional details to users, and even call out specific ideas you want to highlight.
- Set the Language: By default, the forum language will be set to English, but you can change the language of the forum. With this feature, when a user arrives on that forum, the UI text will automatically show in the language you set.(You also have the option to set the language of your UserVoice site. Learn more here).
- Privacy Settings: You do have the option to make your forum private. This article walks through your options.
- Forum State: Forums are set to Open by default, and allow users to create ideas, support them, and comment. If you set the Forum to "Closed," users will still be able to view ideas and comment, but will not able to support an idea or create a new one.
Add Ideas to your Forum
A great way to get the conversation started on a new forum is to seed the forum with ideas. We recommend creating ideas around features you are already planning or considering...
- Click the feedback icon (lightbulb) on the left
- Click "All open suggestions"
- Click the forum filter and select the forum you just added
- Click the "More" button in the top right corner
- Click "Add suggestion" from the drop down menu
Can I add users as supporters on ideas? Yes, you can. This article walks through how to do this.
Other Articles You Might Find Helpful:
- How do users support and rank ideas
- Capture ideas from support, sales and end users
- How Microsoft Visual Studio Prioritizes Product Requests From Their Massive Customer Base