this document for details about using the various modes separately.
Set up the Post Idea Widget
Setting up the Post Idea Widget Code
- Click the icon in the bottom left corner -> click "Widgets".
- In Step 1, set the starting experience to Post Idea
- Copy the code in Step 2
- Add the widget code to your website
- Add the code to your website right before the final </body> tag (for more details on how to add the widget code to your site, check out this document.
Specifying a Forum
You have the option to specify a forum for the post idea widget. This will determine which relevant ideas are displayed in the instant answers feature, and also which forum that the user's idea will post to. If you do not specify a forum, the widget will use your default forum.
To specify a forum, add the forum ID to the widget code as shown below.
Please note: If you want to use the post idea widget with a private forum, you will need to use our token based single sign on and pass an SSO token in the widget. Learn more about this option here.
forum_id: '209871', // Defaults to your account’s default forum
Managing your ideas
Now that users can post ideas, you'll want a way to organize and update them. You can add a public status to your ideas, tag them with internal labels, and add supporters.
If you want to keep new ideas private until they are approved by an admin, you can enable pre-moderation. Check out this document to learn more about the moderation feature.
Advanced widget implementation
- Embed the widget inline
- Use link or custom trigger to open the widget
- Using multiple widgets on the same page
- Change language of the widget UI based on the user
- Developer documentation for advanced widget customization