A picture is worth a thousand words. And this is especially true when you're trying to impart information to customers. A slide share, video or series of images can help you communicate more clearly. So how do you use media in your Knowledge Base articles?
What types of media can I embed?
You can embed anything from videos, to images, to PDFs, to slide shares. The only stipulation is it does need to be hosted by one of the providers on embed.ly.
Some of the Providers we host:
- Flickr (click for instructions)
- Photobucket (click for instructions)
- Google Maps
- Twitter Pics
- And the list goes on...
You can find a full list on here.
Using embed.ly in your Knowledge Base articles is on us. The only reason you would be charged is if one of the providers you're hosting images on charges a fee for their hosting services.
(Quick Note: Images don't have to be hosted on an embed.ly provider. All other forms of media do have be hosted on one of embed.ly's providers or they may not display correctly.)
How do I embed images, videos and media?
Now to get to the good stuff—how you do it.
- First, upload the image, video or media you want to embed to one of embed.ly's providers. Then copy the URL.
- Go to your article and click on the media icon in the
menu bar. In the pop up window, enter the image or
- Now your media is embedded directly in your article. You can even reposition it if you want.
Now you're ready to create articles that will help and even wow your customers.
Other articles you might enjoy
- How do I create, organize and edit Helpdesk
topics for Knowledge Base articles?
- How do I add a canned response?