As a Product Manager, you need to update the status of ideas to communicate with users around ideas you are considering, implementing or option not to do. We'll walk you through how to update the status of an idea, and how users can respond.
Update the Public Status of an Idea
When a user supports an idea and subscribes, they will automatically be subscribed to all status updates.
Navigate to the Idea
- Click the Ideas icon in the left hand menu
- Click "All open suggestions"
- Search for the idea you want to set the status for and click the title
- You will see the option to set the "Public Status" on the right.
Set the Public Status and Message
Choose the status for the idea, and then write up your status message. Then choose if you want to email the update to the supporters on the idea. In most cases, Product Managers, want users to get the email, to let users know the status of their idea.
On the web portal (front end of your UserVoice site) your status update will be shown just below the idea.
Get Users Reactions to your Public Status
In the Admin Console, you can then review the aggregate as well as individual reactions from users.
This allows you as the Product Manager to hear from users and get their feedback on a status update.
You Might Find Helpful:
- Moderate Ideas and Comments
- Getting Started with Managing Ideas - Admin Training Video
- Categorize Ideas with Internal Labels
- Merge Ideas