Creating a Feature
Click the "Lightning Bolt" icon in the left-hand menu -> Click "Create a Feature" at the top of the page.
- Title and Description: Create the title and description outline the feature you are considering.
- Product Area (optional): Help you organize a list of features for multiple products and product teams. To create your Product Areas, click the gear icon on the right, and you'll see the option "Edit" the "Product Area."
- Feature Status (optional): Enable your Product Team to communicate internal statues, and manage features by the stage of your product management cycle (planned, designed, live, etc). Learn more about Feature Statuses here.
- Feature Custom Fields (optional): Allow you to add custom data relevant to your business like links to mockups, dev effort and goal impact. Learn more about setting up Feature Custom Fields here.
Link User Suggestions to Features
To Link a User Suggestion
- From a Feature: Click into your created Feature -> Click the "Suggestions" tab -> Click "Link Suggestion" -> You will then be able to search and select the User Suggestions you want to link to the Feature.
- From a Suggestion: Click the "Features" tab -> Click the "Link Feature" -> Search and Select the Features you want to connect it to. If the Feature does not yet exist, you can create it right now.
Pro Tip: You can connect a suggestion to more than one Feature.
Use Features to Prioritize your Roadmap
A: No. The Features functionality is focused on helping your Product Team prioritize their roadmap, and nothing about Features is published or posted for end users.
Q: Why don’t I see the Features icon on my account?
A: Verify with the Owner on your Account (the person on your team that has billing and settings access) that you have the necessary permissions for Features. If you are the Owner on the account, your plan does not include Features.