- Sign into the UserVoice admin console (yoursubdomain.uservoice.com/admin)
- Click the icon in the bottom left-hand corner to access your Settings
- Select "Integrations"
- Click "Jira" at the bottom of the page
- Click "Link Account"
- Enter the URL of Jira cloud instance that you would like to configure (https://acme.atlassian.net). If you don't know the URL of your Jira instance, contact your Jira Administrator.
- Select "Jira Cloud"
- Click "Submit"
- Under "Authorized Jira Instances" you will see the Jira instance URL you entered in Step 6 with a "Not Connected" status, an access token, and a link directly to the area in your Jira instance where a Jira Admin can complete the setup process.
- A Jira Administrator will need the access token and the instructions listed below to complete the configuration process. Once a Jira Administrator completes the steps below, the "Not Connected" status will change to "Connected." This will indicate that the integration is successfully installed and ready to be used.
- Navigate to your Jira System Settings
- Select "Add-ons" -> "Find new add-ons"
- Search "UserVoice"
- Locate the UserVoice add-on and click "Install" -> Click "Accept and Install" to accept the permissions
- Click "Manage" on the install page to finish configuring the add-on.
- Click "Configure".
- On the subsequent page, enter the access token (provided to you by your UserVoice Admin who initiated this configuration in UserVoice) and click "Verify Token."
- Add the "UserVoice Links" custom field to the appropriate screens for your projects in Jira. During the Add-on configuration process, we automatically created a custom field in your Jira instance called "UserVoice Links." This custom field will allow you to see the linked UserVoice items when viewing an item in Jira. To enable this, click "Configure" under the "UserVoice for Jira" add on -> choose "Enable Screens for UserVoice Custom Field" -> check the box next to the appropriate screens -> click "Update".
- Change "UserVoice Links" renderer to "Wiki" style". This will allow your Jira items to display direct links to their corresponding UserVoice items. In your UserVoice for Jira configuration (Settings -> Add ons -> Manage add ons -> UserVoice for Jira -> Configure), click the link titled "Change UserVoice Links renderer to Wiki style". Scroll down to "UserVoice Links" and click the "Renderers" link on the right. Select 'Wiki Style Renderer' for the Active Renderer and click "Update" twice.
- You will know your token has been successfully redeemed when the Jira Integration page in your UserVoice admin settings says "Connected". You may need to refresh the page. At this point, your Jira instance is ready to be used with your UserVoice subdomain.
A. No. The status of linked Jira issues is visible in UserVoice, and the status of linked UserVoice features/suggestions is visible in Jira, but they do not automatically update the status of the other. This means that when a developer moves an issue in Jira to DONE, it does not automatically notify all the related supporters and contributors in UserVoice. This is because an issue being “DONE” in Jira doesn’t necessarily mean it’s ready for customers.
A. No. Information about linked Jira issues, including status, is only visible to UserVoice admins in the admin console.
Q. Can Jira issues be created automatically from UserVoice Suggestions or Features?
A. Due to the potential for required fields in Jira, we do not have a way to do this automatically. However, when manually creating a Jira issue from within UserVoice, the issue’s summary and description will be pre-populated and a link back to UserVoice will be added by default.