You need to add images or videos to a Knowledge Base article. We'll walk you through how to do this.
Add an Image to an Article
- When editing an article, click the media embed button in the editor
- The pop up window will then give you the option to upload a file or drag and drop an image. Simply add the image you want to use.
- Click the blue button to "Insert Image" and you're done!
Each image must be uploaded to the article it will be used in. We don't support cross linking of images between articles. This means that you cannot upload an image to one article, and then copy that embedded images URL to upload to another one.
My image is hosted on a website. What do I do? You can also embed images from a URL. When you click the image embed button, click the "Embed media from a URL" tab.
When uploading images from a URL, we do have to be able to parse the image. Some tools, like Google Docs or DropBox do not work well with this feature.
Add a Video to an Article
- Just like when adding an image, click the media embed button
- Click the "Embed media from a URL" tab
- Enter the URL of the video you would like to embed. We currently support video providers that work with embed.ly (the tool we use to embed media).
Not sure if your video provider is supported? Check out a list of embed.ly's providers.