Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

General Feedback

How should we improve our feedback and product management tools?
We are listening and use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap!

• or

473 results found

1. Allow anonymous suggestions

Don't require users to enter an email address when posting suggestions or comments on specific forums.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Ideas  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Deferred  ·  Claire Talbott responded

Thank you for your feedback around this!

A core value of UserVoice is communication, allowing Product Managers not only to hear from users, but communicate back to them around their feedback.

We also help Product Managers when evaluating ideas, not only see how many people want it, but who those people are, enabling them to make data driven decisions.

Anonymous suggestions don’t allow either of those, and aren’t part of our vision for the product at this time.

While we are saying “no” to this particular idea, please keep sharing. We do appreciate you sharing your thoughts and product needs with us!

2. Capture feedback from customer without an email address

We would like to capture feedback from people who don't have an email address and either use an alternative identifier (ex. twitter handle, name) or leave it as anonymous.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now, this is not functionality we will be implementing.

There are two primary reasons for this:

• When someone provides feedback, it’s in the best interest of the company to whom they provided it to follow up, either with status information or to ask for further detail about the problem to be solved or implementation specifics. Without knowing who to contact, product teams are left making assumptions about intent and solution, and often this can lead to a misfire.
    • Perhaps more importantly, without knowing who provided the feedback, product teams are left without context – is the feedback coming from a current customer? A prospect? What role do they fill and what are the jobs they’re trying to complete?

I do want to acknowledge that there is some value in feedback no matter whether it’s got attribution or not, so this is a decision we may re-visit in the future.…

3. Contributors Post Ideas Anonymously

When capturing a new idea through the Contributor sidebar, we would like the idea to be from an anonymous user, not a post from an internal team member. We don't want it to look like our employees are complaining about the product.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow admins to edit user information

Coming from a Community Management background, I am accustomed to having a variety of administrator tools on forums that aren't offered in UserVoice. Among these tools are more robust search features, and a consolidated user information page with the ability to edit user information.

At the present, I cannot search by individual forum and must scroll through multiple pages across four different lists (Voters, Given Access, Invited and Removed) to find users. The results of using the "Search ideas and feedback" feature under Feedback are missing this basic information.

Once a user has been found, I have no way to…

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to add attachments to comments

One user creates an idea and adds an attachment, with a relevant image or document. Admin would like other users to be able to add their own images/files in response to the original idea. Right now there's no way to do that with comments.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export users associated with votes/ideas

Yes, you can now export at the user level as well as the idea level and forum level... but what we need is a way to get an export of the ideas/votes along with WHO voted for them or created the idea.

So I want to either be able to see the folks who created the idea and voted on it when I export the ideas, or when I export the users, be able to see what they suggested or voted on.

Right now there is NO WAY that I can see to associate these (other than going into each…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add custom questions for users to fill out when creating an idea

When a user goes to create an idea, they only have to give a title. Often Product Teams want to ask their users for additional details and be able to make these fields required.

This allows Product Managers to get the full details they need from users when they post an idea, and limits them needing to follow up for more information.

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Ideas  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Discovery  ·  Jared Shaffer responded

Hey there! 👋

This week we released Custom Fields on ideas for internal use. This solves a problem for much of the feedback we received on this idea, but not all of it. We will keep this idea open for additional feedback and votes, but for those who were requesting better ways to organize ideas internally, we hope you enjoy our new release! You can read more about it here.

8. Be able to merge user accounts

If an account has multiple email domains but each one is still apart of the parent company, I would like to be able to merge all relevant domains so that revenue numbers, suggestions, users, etc. are consolidated automatically.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase the number of suggestions and users per page

Currently 20 results (suggestions or users) show per page.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Ideas  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Torre Matthew responded

👋,

Last week we released an update to our admin console Idea Grid. One of the new features you have available to you is the ability to increase the number of ideas you can view per page (20, 50, 75, or 100) to better align with your needs. Check it out!

Thanks for this feedback and your continued support or our product.

10. Allow users to recommend which ideas should be merged together

On our board there are many duplicate ideas suggested. We have an admin who can manually merge them, but users don't know that and frequently simply leave comments on the new idea saying "vote here instead!" Allowing users to flag a possible dupe (ideally with a link) would bring them to our admins attention and reduce the duplication of effort.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Ideas  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to subscribe to suggestions

I would like to be able to "star" certain suggestions that I want to remember (if I have no more votes but want to keep tabs on interesting suggestions).

338 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to subscribe to forum updates

A customer has a group of folks that visit his site and give feedback. However, they only get feedback when they are notified there is a new idea to give feedback on (more of a collaboration tool really).

Allowing users to subscribe to specific forums where new ideas are posted would greatly help in this case.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users to allocate priority across their already supported ideas

For example, each user gets 100 "feedbucks" (still working on that term) that are by default evenly distributed across all their already voted on suggestions. User can then adjust their points to highlight certain suggestions with a higher priority.

So I could vote up 50 ideas, and my $100 would by default be split to $2 per idea. If I vote for another idea, the split would be cut down to ~$1.96 per idea, but could at any time redistribute my $100 according to priority. No limits to votes, but secondary metric to allow me to communicate priority.

Having the…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ideas  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there 👋

Thanks for the this feedback and continued support of this idea. 

Two weeks back we introduced a new feature to the web portal that allows users to convey an importance rating to ideas when providing feedback. If you haven't seen it just yet, head to UserVoice at your first convenience. We've been getting very helpful feedback since release and will continue to be looking for ways to improve this feature for our customers. 

14. Allow users to edit their own ideas and comments

As long as no one has voted/commented on my newly-created suggestion yet, I should be able to...

(1) change the title/description without restriction... if, say, 5 minutes later I think of a better one or spot a typo in it or whatever...

(2) completely delete it, no questions asked, if, say, I realize right after posting it that it was lame, or I find out it's a duplicate or whatever...

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Ideas  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings from UserVoice,

A couple weeks ago we released a feature that allowed end users to edit their own comments.

Now, they can also edit suggestions they create on the web portal.

Thank you all for the feedback.

15. 72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings from UserVoice,

Wanted to make sure all supporters of this idea know that we now have this feature available.

From the user detail sheet of a non-licensed user admins now have the ability to delete that user.

Thanks,

16. Contributor Console: User Name Search

In the new Contributor Console, I'd like to have the system search and return a list of users when typing in whose idea is this just like other tools SO THAT I don't have to find their exact email address.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

A couple weeks back we made capturing feedback in the Contributor Console easier by incorporating user search and auto-complete into the capture feedback form. If you haven’t discovered it yet, check it out. Let us know what you think.

Thanks,

17. Support custom user and account traits with the Identify feature

You can pass the standard user and account traits, but sometimes you need to pass custom traits.

For example, your users have two different ID's, and you want both passed as traits.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export a list of users and their ideas/votes/comments

You can export a list of users. You can export a list of ideas. But you can't export a list of users with their ideas/comments and votes. It would be super helpful if we could see a list of users, and the ideas each user supports.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Claire Talbott responded

Hi everyone! First, I want to apologize for the delay in an update here. Leaving an idea in “started” for two years is not clear or transparent communication with you, our customers! We are not currently working on a feature that allows you to export users with their ideas, votes, comments and requests. So we are going to move this idea back to “no status” for now. Please, continue to share your thoughts around this idea. This isn’t a “no.” But we do want to be upfront, though, that this is not currently on our Roadmap. Since this idea was created, we’ve released two features that could help with some of the paint points shared around this idea, and we want to share those. 

The Analysis Export lets you export a list of ideas and their supporters: Measure the Impact of Ideas with the Analysis Export

The Users export…

19. Allow users to upload their own profile pic

Be given the option to upload a photo rather than having to use the gravatar service.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to respond to a user's comment publicly and thread the response to the comment being responded to

It would be nice to clarify confusion about a product left as a comment on an idea. There have been times in the past that we have used a single idea to almost act as a thread for feedback via comments. Currently, you can only respond privately to one user to address their concern; however it would be helpful to have that information seen publicly to other users, in case they run into the same issue. Updating the status of the idea to address the one comment is somewhat impractical, as it notifies every user that has voted on the…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base